To open doors to career opportunities in Information Technology for students with various backgrounds and experience.
- To offer training based on real-time project learning
- To engage students in technical and soft skills learning
- To assist students in determining the career path best suited for them
WHY CHOOSE INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY?
Institute of Information Technology (IofIT) is based in Calgary, Alberta and provides industry-recognized fast-track certifications in IT –
- Quality Assurance,
- Test Automation,
- Software Development,
- Project Management, and
- Business Analysis.
Over the past 4 years, Institute of Information Technology (IofIT) has trained and supported over 150 professionals who have found work across Canada. We are well known as the only college where a client can learn IT skills and start employment within months in North America.
Our students succeed because we offer :
- Flexible classroom and online training options, connecting students LIVE face-to-face for every session using the latest web presentation technologies,
- Canadian IT projects training.
- Canadian workplace culture training.
The goal of Institute of Information Technology (IofIT) is to prepare our students for IT roles in the Canadian market. Often, skilled workers are challenged to secure gainful employment because their resumes are screened out or they are not successful in interviews. These are some common reasons for this:
- Resumes do not contain the key words and technical skills the employer is looking for,
- education is lacking project-based learning exposure,
- interview skills need development; understanding of behavioral and technical interview styles,
- Canadian employers prefer to hire workers with Canadian experience,
- employers want workers who are independent, can work collaboratively with project stakeholders, are strong communicators, and can add value to their business unit.
We are genuinely invested in seeing our students succeed and believe that our students need both:
- in-demand, practical technical training, and
- training in other common employment readiness skills.
With this dual focus, Institute of Information Technology (IofIT) trains students through:
- real-time projects,
- providing hands-on experience on web/window projects,
- training in processes and standards to follow,
- resume writing training,
- technical and soft skills interview preparation and job placement support.
Institute of Information Technology (IofIT) develops project-experienced workers who are ready to contribute to challenging IT projects and enhance your competitive advantage in this complex market. Our training emphasizes “thinking outside the box” so that our students can provide practical and innovative solutions.
Institute of Information Technology (IofIT) students experience the “real world” during their training. They are job ready even before graduation day. Our students are more employable and have higher job retention than students from many known institutes in Canada.
Institute of Information Technology (IofIT) has worked with many start-ups, small to medium enterprises, and large corporations to build their IT ability and diversity by supplying skilled IT workers who can add value to their ongoing IT projects. We have built lasting partnerships with the local community while preparing our students to succeed in a global context.
If you are an employer (no matter what size), we provide skilled IT resources through a 6 weeks Work Experience component with WCB coverage. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.