Study From Home – Software Quality Assurance for beginners
QA (fast-track) Study From Home can start anytime once you register and paid fees. Keep your name to wish-list Registration and request first day free demo from us.
You can study on your own convenient times. Our Advanced Level Software Quality Assurance Course will teach you the knowledge and understanding fundamentals of Quality Assurance and manual software testing needed to start career as Intermediate QA Analyst. This is a distance learning type of course from any Canadian city. You will be provided materials, live recorded videos and project-assignment folders to complete the training on your own time. You may have questions or want to speak to the trainers where we will assign dedicated time per week for you. Once you register for this courses, we will send you admission confirmation and invitation to attend training.
Software Quality Assurance – Advanced Level
- Over 8 lectures with 32 hours of classroom learning (video’s) and 55+ hours of content!
- Study on your own time – training from the trainer
- Theory + Practical exposure on Quality Assurance course content
- Information packed practical training starting from basics to advanced testing techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current software testing technology and the job market.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session, work on real-time project to apply your learning
- Working experience on Jira/Zephyr tool for test case and defect management
- A Session on Canadian Workplace Culture (video and content) and How to survive on job from Industry Experts
- Resume writing Assistance (video and content)
- Guidance on LinkedIn Profile Update (video and content)
- Online library with full of all resource contents, study materials, journal articles and conference webinar video’s
- Starting salary after completion this course (Calgary/Edmonton/Toronto/Vancouver): 45-55k per year or $35 to $45 per hour
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and computers
- Average typing speed (30 WPM)
- 18+ years age
- $1150+GST after $100 off from original price $1250+GST
- For more information about fees terms and conditions visit Fees page
- With low fees, this course can be completed by those who do not need in-person resume review, linkedin profile review and professional reference from the institute. This course does not these features at all however if you do want us to review resume in-person, linkedin profile set help and also job reference then sign up for QA-Advanced course where we would provide all major services.
Course Content – Covered in video recorded sessions
Lecture one (Demo Class):
- Introduction (teacher / students)
- What is Information Technology area? How is this working in real-time?
- How projects flowing to IT
- Taking real time examples
- PROD tickets / Business needs / Maintenance / Upgrades
- What is software testing
- Software testing with examples from daily life
- What are the gaps/how people are learning/why not getting jobs?
- Take an example of current job from indeed.ca and go through roles and responsibility (we will be doing the same learning what is asked in the job description)
- Importance of projects/practical approach in QA
- Role of QA
- Skills needed for QA job
- Software Development Life cycle
- What is project/enhancement/upgrade/maintenance
- Take an example of small-enhancement/project
- Agile / waterfall and its difference
- Principles of QA
- What is Story/Requirement (take an example)
- What is test plan / test strategy?
- And all other documents important in project / enhancement
- g. PM designs project charter / project strategy / project plan
- BA designs Business Requirement Document
- SA designs Solution Architect Document
- QA designs Test Plan
- Test Development Life cycle
- Test planning / Test analysis and design / Test Execution / Test Reporting / Test closure
- Testing Process and different phases
- What is release management / change management
- Types of test cases
- Positive / negative
- Different types of testing
- Functional testing / black box testing
- Non-functional testing
- Different test levels
- Unit / system / system integration / uat / pre-prod / prod / regression testing
- What is scrum meeting / sprint planning / retrospective meeting?
- Test estimates
- Product back logs
- Sprint backlogs
- Take project / enhancement: IOFIT contact us
- Give in detail explanation Business owner needed this?
- Introduction / motive / cost / resources / schedule using agile methodology
- Test Plan
- Walk-through sprint planning
- Walk-through test case design technique
- Boundary value analysis
- Equivalent partitioning
- State transitioning
- Decision table
- Use Case design
- What is test case and how to design it from requirement(s)?
- Fields of test cases (mandatory and optional)
- Walk-through a template from box.com
- Walk-through test execution and its template from box.com
- Design test cases for a requirement /story (take an example from outside world e.g. google log in page)
- Walk-through requirements from iofit contact us BRD and ask students to design test cases
(assignment this week: Design test cases (continue) for iofit.ca contact us enhancement)
- Review test cases designed by students
- Questions and answers or concerns of students
- Walkthrough where are we on agile project / what is the status currently?
- Practice a scrum meeting (ask students to write down – what they have achieved yesterday and what is the plan for the day?)
- Give access to Jira/zephyr
- Walkthrough the tool – main areas
- Issues: epic / story / test cases / bug / tasks
- Create a test case
- Create a test cycle
- Create a ZQuery
- All bugs
- All test cases
- All test cases, bugs, stories, tasks etc.
- Save query and share with other members
- Create test cases from BRD / students work (excel) in to Jira
- Create regression and integration test cycles
- Execute regression test cases from their own regression cycle
- Talk about test execution in regression test cycle
- Walkthrough test execution summary
- Create a dashboard report using add-ons
- Defect life cycle
- Create a bug
- Defect triage meeting
- Defect assignment and review of the work
- Test closure:
- What reports goes here? Test summary / Bug Summary
- Emails etc.
- Reports – test execution reports
- Reports – bug summary
- Scrum meeting – again
- Types of review
- Walk-through all
- Test tools
- HP ALM
- Jira / Zephyr
- Resume walk-through
- Matching job description
- Cover letter
- 30 seconds resume, Information Interview, resume and cover letter writing skills
- STAR accomplishments
- Linkedin profile; how to?
- Interview – Soft skills
- Interview – QA skills
- Review of resumes
- Interview Preparations – Technical QA Interview questions and answers
- How to answer each interview questions from start to end of the interview?
- Photo session
What is next? Registration
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes
Details per session
- Lecture One – Manual Testing – Classroom Copy Copy
- Lecture Two – Manual Testing – Classroom Copy Copy
- Lecture Three – Manual Testing – Classroom Copy Copy
- Lecture Four – Manual Testing – Classroom Copy Copy
- Lecture Five – Manual Testing – Classroom Copy Copy
- Lecture Six – Manual Testing – Classroom Copy Copy
- Lecture Seven – Manual Testing – Classroom Copy Copy
- Lecture Eight – Manual Testing – Classroom Copy Copy