QA Advanced – Self-Learning: Study From Home can start anytime once you register. Buy this course by paying fees from the Registration Page.
You can study at your own convenient time. Our Advanced Level Software Quality Assurance Course will teach you the knowledge and understanding fundamentals of Quality Assurance and manual software testing needed to start a career as an Intermediate QA Analyst. This is a distance learning type of course from any Canadian city. You will be provided materials, live recorded videos, and project assignment folders to complete the training on your own time. You may have questions or want to speak to the trainers where we will assign dedicated time per week for you. Once you register for these courses, we will send you admission confirmation and an invitation to attend training.
Software Quality Assurance – Advanced Level – Self Learn
- Over 8 recorded sessions/lectures with 32 hours of classroom learning (videos) and 55+ hours of content!
- Study on your own time – training from the trainer
- Theory + Practical exposure on Quality Assurance course content
- Information-packed practical training starting from basics to advanced testing techniques.
- Access to Jira Software
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current software testing technology and the job market.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session, work on a Real-Time Project to apply your learning
- Working experience on Jira/Zephyr tool for test case and defect management
- A Session on Canadian Workplace Culture (video and content) and How to survive on the job from Industry Experts
- Resume writing Assistance (video and content)
- Guidance on LinkedIn Profile Update (video and content)
- Weekly Talk/Discussions with Expert Instructors
- Online library with full of all resource contents, study materials, journal articles, and conference webinar video’s
- Starting salary after completing this course (Calgary/Edmonton/Toronto/Vancouver): 45-55k per year or $35 to $45 per hour
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and computers
- Average typing speed (30 WPM)
Covered in video-recorded sessions
Lecture one (Demo Class):
- Introduction (teacher / students)
- What is the Information Technology area? How is this working in real-time?
- How projects flowing to IT
- Taking real-time examples
- PROD tickets / Business needs / Maintenance / Upgrades
- What is software testing
- Software testing with examples from daily life
- What are the gaps/how people are learning/why not getting jobs?
- Take an example of current job from indeed.ca and go through roles and responsibility (we will be doing the same learning what is asked in the job description)
- Importance of projects/practical approach in QA
- Role of QA
- Skills needed for QA job
- Software Development Life cycle
- What is project/enhancement/upgrade/maintenance
- Take an example of small-enhancement/project
- Agile / waterfall and its difference
- Principles of QA
- What is Story/Requirement (take an example)
- What is a test plan/test strategy?
- And all other documents important in project/enhancement
- PM designs project charter/project strategy/project plan
- BA designs Business Requirement Document
- SA designs Solution Architect Document
- QA designs Test Plan
- Test Development Life cycle
- Test planning / Test analysis and design / Test Execution / Test Reporting / Test closure
- Testing Process and different phases
- What is release management/change management
- Types of test cases
- Positive / negative
- Different types of testing
- Functional testing / black box testing
- Non-functional testing
- Different test levels
- Unit / system / system integration / uat / pre-prod / prod / regression testing
- What is Scrum Meeting/Sprint Planning/Retrospective Meeting?
- Test estimates
- Product backlogs
- Sprint backlogs
- Take project/enhancement: IOFIT contact us
- Give in detailed explanation Business owner needed this?
- Introduction / motive / cost / resources / schedule using agile methodology
- Test Plan
- Walk-through sprint planning
- Walk-through test case design technique
- Boundary value analysis
- Equivalent partitioning
- State transitioning
- Decision table
- Use Case design
- What is a Test Case and how to design it from requirement(s)?
- Fields of test cases (mandatory and optional)
- Walk-through a template from box.com
- Walk-through test execution and its template from box.com
- Design test cases for a requirement /story (take an example from the outside world)
- Review test cases designed by students
- Questions and answers or concerns of students
- Walkthrough where are we on the agile project / what is the status currently?
- Practice a scrum meeting (ask students to write down – what they have achieved yesterday and what is the plan for the day?)
- Give access to Jira/Zephyr
- Walkthrough the tool – main areas
- Issues: epic / story / test cases / bug / tasks
- Create a test case
- Create a test cycle
- Create a ZQuery
- All bugs
- All test cases
- All test cases, bugs, stories, tasks, etc.
- Save the query and share it with other members
- Create test cases from BRD / students work (excel) into Jira
- Create regression and integration test cycles
- Execute regression test cases from their own regression cycle
- Talk about test execution in Regression Test Cycle
- Walkthrough test execution summary
- Create a dashboard report using add-ons
- Defect life cycle
- Create a bug
- Defect triage meeting
- Defect assignment and review of the work
- Test closure:
- What reports go here? Test summary / Bug Summary
- Emails etc.
- Reports – test execution reports
- Reports – bug summary
- Scrum meeting – again
- Types of review
- Walk-through all
- Test tools
- HP ALM
- Jira / Zephyr
- Resume walk-through
- Matching job description
- Cover letter
- 30 seconds resume, Information Interview, resume, and cover letter writing skills
- STAR accomplishments
- Linkedin profile; how to?
- Interview – Soft skills
- Interview – QA skills
- Review of resumes
- Interview Preparations – Technical QA Interview questions and answers
- How to answer each interview questions from start to end of the interview?
- Photo session
What is next? Registration
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Do I need to have prior experience in Information Technology to take a QA course?
Ans. Not really. At IOFIT, you learn QA courses from a very basic level. If you have good communications skills (English-Read/Write/Speak) and able to use Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel) as a regular user then you are good to join. At IOFIT, everything you learn is from real-time examples and projects which would help you visualize practical scenarios when you take a job in this field.
Q. I have a long gap in IT. I was a tester/developer a long time ago and I do not have the confidence to go back to the job as a lot of things have been changed over the period of time. Will your course give me enough knowledge and exposure so I gain confidence?
Ans. 100%. The goal of IOFIT courses is to bring you a practical project-based approach and to make you realize how will you work if a company offers you employment and you are working on a project on your own.
Q. I have already some experience in QA/Software Development from companies in other country and will it help me to take a course from IOFIT?
Ans. If you have experience from the same field it is a plus point however you still learn from basic on how these projects managed in Canadian companies. You will be gaining Canadian experience.
Q. I am a graduate in HR/Hotel Management/Accounting/Logistics/Retail, am I eligible to do this course?
Ans. Yes. QA/Testing course does not require background or education in Information Technology. We have many successful students who have backgrounds other than IT fields.
Q. Why should I do a fast-track IT course from IOFIT in 2 months while it can be done in popular college’s/universities in 1-2 years?
Ans. First: You should spend your time and money by considering your career goal. When your goal is to get an entry-level job, why should you pay a lot in fees and also spend 12+ months in training? The ultimate goal of each student is to learn IT program’s as fast practically with projects and be ready for IT jobs. Second: You do not learn projects/assignments with real-time examples at bigger places. At IOFIT, you learn all programs based on real-time projects only. Third: Our focus is to train and help you for placement no matter what your education/experience background Fourth: We have more one-on-one focus due to smaller classroom size Finally: An employer looking for your experience-based knowledge which you gain from projects and not from theories. Your interview is focused on behavioral and technical ‘fit’ with the organization and that is the only way Canadian companies hire IT, professionals.
Q. Is it easy to learn Software Testing by Self Pace?
Ans. Yes, with our Self-Learn Course it is. You can learn Software Testing tools or concepts at a granular level from our course.
Q. How much are the fees and what does it cover?
Ans. The course fee is $499 plus GST. It covers self-learn training, material access, project tools access, resume preparations, Linkedin profile guidance, job assistance, and support [ All included in recorded videos]. Please visit www.iofit.ca/registeration/
Q. Do I get a certificate on completion of the course?
Q. What will happen if I find some problem in understanding the concepts?
Ans. Our course has a unique feature i.e. Weekly Talk/Discussions with Expert Instructors where you can get solutions for your queries.
Didn’t find the answer?
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 35 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes