This is functional/manual testing course and you will learn everything about how manual testing projects done well at the organizations. Our Advanced Level Software Quality Assurance Course will teach you the knowledge and understanding the fundamentals of Quality Assurance and manual software testing needed to start career as Intermediate QA Analyst. This is a classroom and LIVE training course for any Canadian city. Once you register for this courses, we will send you admission confirmation and invitation to attend training. This course does not contain work practicum.
Quality Assurance – Advanced Level [Manual Testing – Functional Testing – Black-box Testing]
- Over 8 lectures with 32 hours of classroom learning and 55.5 hours of content!
- Classroom and LIVE training from the trainer (only weekends and weekdays)
- Theory + Practical exposure on Quality Assurance course content
- Information packed practical training starting from basics to advanced testing techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current software testing technology and the job market.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session, work on real-time project to apply your learning
- Working experience on Jira/Zephyr tool for test case and defect management
- A Session on Canadian Workplace Culture and How to survive on job from Industry Experts (New
- Resume writing Assistance
- Guidance on LinkedIn Profile Update
- Online library with full of all resource contents, study materials, journal articles and conference webinar video’s
- Recruitment Agency personal referral’s (one time and based on individual’s performance)
- Guide on ISTQB Certification and past question papers with solution
- Starting salary after completion this course (Calgary/Edmonton/Toronto/Vancouver): 45-55k per year or $35 to $45 per hour
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and computers
- Average typing speed (30 WPM)
- 18+ years age
- Permanent resident or Canadian Citizen Or Work Permit holders
Testimonials -Look what our student says…
“I am grateful to IOFIT. It was amazing and 100% practical experience that allowed me to gain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the best practices in QA field. I would like to note the importance of detailed and fair feedback that Vipul provided after each assignment. It was one of the crucial moments that determined the success of this course for me. The Software Test Automation part of the course was especially useful. I can definitely recommend Software Quality Assurance and Software Test Automation programs for people who want to switch their careers to the IT field.”
– Igor Konrad, 2020 Feb Batch
“Hi Very good institute and giving good guidance about different IT program according to market need . although I had taken an online live classes from Edmonton and I also followed the recorded videos, I benefit a lot both in my knowledge and practical. The course started from basic to advanced then I also took the automation course and now I have most of knowledge about what is the quality assurance. The instructor also taught me everything about the program. I liked their teaching methodology, as there was very high repetition of concepts in the course that made you learn Faster and giving lots of assignment to do practice@ home.Definitely will recommend the institute and course to my friends. If there is any available fast track course in Software testing and Automation, this is it. The Faculty is extremely knowledgeable with mentoring available throughout the process of learning, Job preparedness and job search. A great investment in upgrading your skills. Thanks..”
“I must express the value Quality Assurance (QA) class brought to my life. I learned techniques that I will use over a lifetime to improve my software testing skills. If you are looking to improve your software testing skills and yourself, Vipul is a great teacher to have. If you follow his lead you can do great things, but you must be willing to jump in head first and never look back. I highly recommend it.”
– Sonal Chadhari. Aug 2019 graduate.
“IOFIT is a great resource to get your bearings in trying to find an IT job in Calgary, Canada. You can learn a lot and improve your skills in a short space of time. Jobs are easier to come by with more connections and Vipul will help you wholeheartedly to make the connections where he can. It will take time and effort from your part, but it will lead to success.”
– Veena Francis. July 2018 graduate.
“Hi, Very wonderful Teaching Institute to study from. Though I didn’t take an in class session, but I did a Software quality assurance from this institute online. I followed the recorded videos, I benefit a lot both in my knowledge and practical. The course started from basic to advanced, so anyone with no knowledge of computer could learn. I liked the teaching methodology, as there was very high repetition of concepts in the course that made you learn Faster. Definitely will recommend it. Thanks..”
– Sana Imtiaz, Vancouver. ONLINE-Study. Nov 2019 graduate.
“Coming from a Non-IT background, this institute is like a gateway to your introduction to IT with respect to the wonderful trainers/personnel full of expertise. Learning the Software QA has transformed my thought process to greater heights and to gain a new skill set. Over all it’s a good institute for the beginners. Keep up the good work.”
– Abhinav Prasad. Edmonton ONLINE-study. Oct 2019 graduate.
“Great place to start for people who are interested in Information Technology. Instructors are very qualified in the field and always reachable for questions with 100% interest in students learning.”
– Nikola Malovic, 2019 graduate.
“The software QA course offered by IofIT provided me the opportunity to explore new career in IT industry. The course was a stepping stone for me to gain the skills and training required to succeed in the area of Software Quality Assurance. The course is well rounded with hands-on training to gain practical experience on real projects. IofIt also provided the personalized help with respect to resume writing and interview preparation. That was quite amazing. Big thank you to IofIT.” – Suresh K, 2018 graduate
$1650$1399 + GST
- For more information about fees terms and conditions visit Fees page
Course Content (IOFIT 2020 copyrights)
Lecture one (Demo Class):
- Introduction (teacher / students)
- What is Information Technology area? How is this working in real-time?
- How projects flowing to IT
- Taking real time examples
- PROD tickets / Business needs / Maintenance / Upgrades
- What is software testing
- Software testing with examples from daily life
- What are the gaps/how people are learning/why not getting jobs?
- Take an example of current job from indeed.ca and go through roles and responsibility (we will be doing the same learning what is asked in the job description)
- Importance of projects/practical approach in QA
- Role of QA
- Skills needed for QA job
- Software Development Life cycle
- What is project/enhancement/upgrade/maintenance
- Take an example of small-enhancement/project
- Agile / waterfall and its difference
- Principles of QA
- What is Story/Requirement (take an example)
- What is test plan / test strategy?
- And all other documents important in project / enhancement
- g. PM designs project charter / project strategy / project plan
- BA designs Business Requirement Document
- SA designs Solution Architect Document
- QA designs Test Plan
- Test Development Life cycle
- Test planning / Test analysis and design / Test Execution / Test Reporting / Test closure
- Testing Process and different phases
- What is release management / change management
- Types of test cases
- Positive / negative
- Different types of testing
- Functional testing / black box testing
- Non-functional testing
- Different test levels
- Unit / system / system integration / uat / pre-prod / prod / regression testing
- What is scrum meeting / sprint planning / retrospective meeting?
- Test estimates
- Product back logs
- Sprint backlogs
- Take project / enhancement: IOFIT contact us
- Give in detail explanation Business owner needed this?
- Introduction / motive / cost / resources / schedule using agile methodology
- Test Plan
- Walk-through sprint planning
- Walk-through test case design technique
- Boundary value analysis
- Equivalent partitioning
- State transitioning
- Decision table
- Use Case design
- What is test case and how to design it from requirement(s)?
- Fields of test cases (mandatory and optional)
- Walk-through a template from box.com
- Walk-through test execution and its template from box.com
- Design test cases for a requirement /story (take an example from outside world e.g. google log in page)
- Walk-through requirements from iofit contact us BRD and ask students to design test cases
(assignment this week: Design test cases (continue) for iofit.ca contact us enhancement)
- Review test cases designed by students
- Questions and answers or concerns of students
- Walkthrough where are we on agile project / what is the status currently?
- Practice a scrum meeting (ask students to write down – what they have achieved yesterday and what is the plan for the day?)
- Give access to Jira/zephyr
- Walkthrough the tool – main areas
- Issues: epic / story / test cases / bug / tasks
- Create a test case
- Create a test cycle
- Create a ZQuery
- All bugs
- All test cases
- All test cases, bugs, stories, tasks etc.
- Save query and share with other members
- Create test cases from BRD / students work (excel) in to Jira
- Create regression and integration test cycles
- Execute regression test cases from their own regression cycle
- Talk about test execution in regression test cycle
- Walkthrough test execution summary
- Create a dashboard report using add-ons
- Defect life cycle
- Create a bug
- Defect triage meeting
- Defect assignment and review of the work
- Test closure:
- What reports goes here? Test summary / Bug Summary
- Emails etc.
- Reports – test execution reports
- Reports – bug summary
- Scrum meeting – again
- Types of review
- Walkthrough all
- Test tools
- HP ALM
- Jira / Zephyr
- Resume walkthrough
- Matching job description
- Cover letter
- 30 seconds resume, Information Interview, resume and cover letter writing skills
- STAR accomplishments
- Linkedin profile; how to?
- Interview – Soft skills
- Interview – QA skills
- Review of resumes
- Interview Preparations – Technical QA Interview questions and answers
- How to answer each interview questions from start to end of the interview?
- Photo session
What is next? Registration.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2-3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes
Lecture One – Manual Testing – Classroom 0No items in this section
Lecture Two – Manual Testing – Classroom 0No items in this section
Lecture Three – Manual Testing – Classroom 0No items in this section
Lecture Four – Manual Testing – Classroom 0No items in this section
Lecture Five – Manual Testing – Classroom 0No items in this section
Lecture Six – Manual Testing – Classroom 0No items in this section
Lecture Seven – Manual Testing – Classroom 0No items in this section
Lecture Eight – Manual Testing – Classroom 0No items in this section